Installing new windows in Carmel, Indiana, is something that most homeowners will need to do within their lifetime.
While high quality replacement windows can last for 15 years or longer, eventually your new windows will need to be upgraded at some point down the road.
There are some signs that will raise a red flag that it’s time for new windows in Carmel, even if you don’t know what to look for—and here are the top considerations to keep in mind:
- When it’s time for new windows, you may notice your glass fogging up between the panes.
This is known as condensation, and it typically means that your window is experiencing seal failure.
While you can sometimes repair the seal, replacing your windows should be considered especially if they are old.
- If you feel drafts around your windows, you should consider new windows sooner than later.
Drafty windows can be detected by putting your hand in front of your window and feeling for air.
Another technique is to use an incense stick and watch the smoke for subtle movements.
Drafty windows are inefficient windows, and homeowners will financially benefit from new installation.
- Another sign to look for is a spike in your energy bills.
While seasonal spikes can be normal, new windows in Carmel can help keep the costs as low as possible.
Installing new replacement windows can lower your home energy costs by up to $465 per year.
- When it’s time to upgrade to new windows, consider UniShield® from Universal Windows Direct.
UniShield® is a top-of-the-line option for homeowners who want the best quality windows at an affordable price.
- UniShield® is available in four energy-saving glass packages: Classic, Plus, Premium, and Supreme.
While all options help save homeowner’s energy, the most popular selection is UniShield® Plus—which includes two panes of glass, argon gas between the panes, and a coat of low-e glazing to maximize its efficiency.
Universal Windows Direct can help homeowners determine if it’s time for new windows in Carmel, Indiana.
Get in touch with us today for a free estimate.