Buying your first home is an exciting time, but it can also be full of big surprises. Part of the home buying process in Carmel involves a home inspection, which will evaluate the current condition of your potential new windows.
This brief guide will help new homebuyers identify windows that are in poor condition, along with choosing best replacement windows for their Carmel home.
- Before you put a bid on your new home, get an idea of the age of the current windows. Sometimes it will be obvious if the current windows are old, and they will show signs such as peeling paint, rotting wood, or even single pane glass. However, old windows may also be drafty, which you won’t be able to see with the naked eye.
- Once you officially own the home and determine that your windows need replacing, take inventory of every window. Sometimes certain windows will be in worse shape than others, which will determine the order of replacement if you don’t tackle the project all at once.
- The next step in the process is to contact a reputable replacement window company such as Universal Windows Direct. A knowledgeable representative will come to your home and discuss your options for replacing your windows. They will also measure your windows and answer any questions that you may have.
- You’ll be able to select from a variety of energy saving features and packages, such as Universal Windows Direct’s UniShield® windows. These windows are highly efficient and perfect for replacing outdated windows.
- Keep in mind that your new replacement windows in Carmel don’t have to be white. Universal Windows Direct offers a great aesthetic selection for replacement windows, including different colors of vinyl and even decorative glass.
- Your windows will then be custom made by our manufacturer and installed by certified window installers in Carmel, Indiana.
Once your order is submitted, you can begin enjoying your new replacement windows in roughly 6-8 weeks. When your house is insulated with quality replacement windows from Universal Windows Direct, it can finally start feeling like home. Get in touch with us for your free in-home consultation at 317-547-2600.