Homeowners in Fishers often ask if they really need to replace their windows. Sometimes the signs of needing new replacement windows are obvious, even to the average homeowner. Other times there are signs that can’t be seen with the naked eye, leaving customers to believe that there is nothing wrong with their old windows at all.
Are you wondering if you really need new replacement windows in your Fishers, Indiana home? If so, these guidelines can help you make a smart decision:
- You might need new replacement windows if your home is always too hot or too cold. Constantly adjusting the temperature in your home can indicate that energy is escaping through the windows.
- Do you feel a breeze when the windows aren’t open? Drafty windows can send a chill through the air in the winter and make your home uncomfortable any time of the year.
- Single pane windows or aluminum windows should definitely be upgraded as soon as your budget allows. These windows are quite dated and can make your energy bills skyrocket.
- Do you find yourself wiping away condensation on your windowpanes? How about finding condensation between the panes of glass? Regardless of where you’re finding condensation, this is a telltale sign that you need new replacement windows for your home in Fishers.
- If you bought cheap windows 3-5 years ago, it’s most likely time for a new set of replacement windows. Unfortunately, the lifespan of bottom dollar replacement windows is only a few years. They’ll quickly start to lose their energy efficiency and put you right back at square one.
- If you bought good quality windows 12-15 years ago, you might want to consider upgrading to windows with new Energy Star standards. Although high quality windows can last for years, the truth is that they don’t last forever—no matter how much you paid for them.
Are you finding yourself needing new replacement windows in Fishers? If so, Universal Windows Direct can help. Our extensive selection in aesthetics and energy saving options will help enhance your home from the inside out—and above all else, help you keep energy dollars in your bank account.
Get in touch with Universal Windows Direct today for your free in-home consultation at 317-547-2600.