Wood is a traditional window material that has been around for centuries. During the 1980s, vinyl windows were introduced to the market and became one of the go-to options for new home windows. Vinyl windows in Plainfield, Indiana are still a popular choice, but some homeowners are left wondering if it’s a better option when compared to wood. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when you’re considering vinyl windows over traditional wood:
- Vinyl windows require the least amount of attention and maintenance compared to other window materials. Vinyl is not prone to rotting, peeling, or warping throughout the years. You won’t have to worry about regular sanding or staining, and your vinyl windows will remain vibrant for years to come.
- Vinyl windows are also a more affordable option compared to wood. If you purchased two windows of the same style and size, the wood window will run you at least 15% more than vinyl. Wood can look beautiful, but homeowners will pay the price for this option.
- Universal Windows Direct offers an array of aesthetic options to add variety to your vinyl. Even though the most popular vinyl window color is right, there are numerous other colors to choose from, including, brick red, green, and gray.
- Quality vinyl windows in Plainfield are also highly energy efficient. UniShield® vinyl windows are exclusive to Universal Windows Direct, and they are available in four tiers of glass packages for energy savings.
- UniShield® Classic and UniShield® Plus are the first two tier options for energy efficient vinyl windows. These windows are engineered with two panes of glass, and UniShield® plus including low-e glazing along with argon gas between the panes. It’s one of the most popular window choices in Plainfield.
- UniShield® Premium and UniShield® Supreme are the epitome of energy efficiency for vinyl windows. These windows are engineered with three panes of glass, a double coat of low-e glazing, and argon or krypton gas between the panes.
When you need to upgrade your windows, there is simply no better material choice than vinyl. To learn more about our vinyl windows and how they can enhance your home, contact us for an estimate at 317-547-2600.